This unique expertise together with her passion for researching, developing and facilitating customised programs which encourage organisational cultures in which people are empowered to speak out and to be accountable, engaged and inspired have been instrumental in delivering successful interventions in a broad range of organisations.
Some of the clients have included large corporates; Banks such as ANZ, Westpac, NAB, Asian Development Bank, Suncorp and AMP, Qantas as well as Transpower New Zealand Ltd,and SME’s; such as VFMC, Aztec and Copyright Australia and a number of NFP’s.
Her work has taken her into Government Departments in both New Zealand and Australia. NZ Department of Labour (now MBIE), Department of Education; NSW Education Department, Health Department, the Community sector and Local Government, Sydney Ports Authority, NSW Police and NSW Environment Protection Authority, and various large NFP’s.
As Director of Changeworks she develops and designs programs on collaborative and networked leadership that connect social network analysis, diversity of thinking, robust conversations, executive coaching and ethical reflection to create cultures in which optimism, innovation, engagement and accountability are developed.
Her most recent roles have included the Head of the Practice at the Ethics Centre, Director Education at the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership as well as senior roles within academia.
As Head of the Practice at the Ethics Centre she has contributed to and developed a program on Ethical Literacy that includes the current research from moral psychology, philosophy and behavioural ethics.
As Director, Education at the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership she designed and ran the accredited coach training program as well as the research, design and facilitation of interventions to create values-based leadership in organisations and communities.
Areas of expertise
- Design of up to date leadership, coaching, strategy and mediation.
- Specialises in building high performing teams through Team/group facilitation and coaching,
- Organisational/Executive Coaching, Mindfulness, Mediation, Ethics Advocacy,
- Action Learning and Research
- Adult and generative learning, and reflective practice
- Distributed forms of leadership, culture change, ethical literacy and diversity of thinking
Education/Membership and Publication
- PhD, MSc (Hons), Grad.Dip. Soc. Ec.
- A member of the Advisory Panel of the International Coaching Psychology Review (ICPR)
- MCC (Master Coach Credential in the International Coaching Federation)
- Significant publications in the area of workplace ethics, action learning, and narrative practice, mediation and coaching (BRW, HR Monthly, Fin Review)
- Edited and co-authored two books on qualitative research.